NOTICE OF VACANCY FOR TWO PARISH COUNCILLORS
1. There is a vacancy on the above Council.
2. A by-election to fill the vacancy will be held if within 14 days (not counting Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays) from the date below ten electors for the parish/parish ward give notice in writing to the Returning Officer requesting such an election.
3. The Address of the Returning Officer is: Arun District Council, Civic Centre, Maltravers Road, LITTLEHAMPTON, West Sussex, BN17 5LF
4. If no such notice is given within the time allowed the Parish Council will fill the vacancy by co-option.
Qualifications for standing for election
To be able to stand as a candidate at a parish council election in England or a community council election in Wales you must:
• be at least 18 years old
• be a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any member state of the European Union, and
• meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
a. You are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the parish/community in which you wish to stand from the day of your nomination onwards.
b. You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish/community area during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
c. Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of your nomination and the day of election has been in the parish/community area.
d. You have lived in the parish/community area or within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
Morgan Taylor - Ford Parish Clerk and RFO